* It is the number one social network, there are over 400million users every day, “Facebook Review”. That’s not including how many use it on their mobile phones worldwide.
* Facebook has less spam than other social networks
* It is Filtered with Business Professionals
* It has over 10,000 applications. “Facebook Review”. Although there are so many applications, only about 20 of them are used. My point is that Facebook has some fantastic applications that make it simple to network with other professionals.
* Facebook is Free Social Media Platform
Your Profile is your foundation on Facebook (FB). You want to make sure your FB foundation is solid and done correctly. When someone comes to your FB account, the first thing they are going to see is your Profile. Make sure that you have put thought, time and energy into it. You will have a lot more success if you do.
There are three things that you must have in your Facebook profile, if you want to be effective.
1. “A Picture says a thousand words”. Your profile picture should look warm, welcoming, and professional. The picture should portray who you are. You are branding yourself. As you are aware, I have a picture of myself and my daughter. I am a nurse and through my love, dedication, compassion and skillset, I am proud to have her in my professional picture. I am The Nurse Network marketer. Your picture should portray who you are. (Important Note: the picture you use should be the same picture you use on every marketing platform, website or blog: it will give you more visibility on the internet. The more people who see the same picture of you, the more exposure you give yourself. Your goal is to put in their heads “Wow, who is this person??? I see her/his picture everywhere. He or she must be a leader/expert in this industry”. You should be inside the heads of your fellow network marketers and potential prospects. I would like to add that it shouldn’t be a picture of your pet, a flower or your family. You can put those pictures in your photos tab, but be cautious of what you put there. Remember, it is your business, and you want to present yourself as an expert. You want your consumers to do business with you. Your picture should be a headshot with a smile. You do not want a picture of you in the distance or blurred. A picture with half of your face is ok. It is just stating you are different. Please, please do not leave your picture empty. That is definitely a BIG NO, NO! It’s a turnoff. Personally, I do not except friends without a picture. **If you are going to be on FB, remember people are going to see your pictures, view your videos, read your posts, comments, blogs, and articles. People are going to read things about you. Be yourself. There has to be a uniqueness, welcoming and professional picture. I have seen many pictures of professional marketers and you don’t need to go out and spend a lot of money on a professional picture. All you need is yourself, a wall, a camera and a friend or family member to take a picture of you. I know a lot of marketers who have great pictures, who didn’t spend a dime on their picture and their profile picture looks professional. “Let people see who you are”
1. Make sure the Box underneath your picture is filled out and your URL link is there. Make sure your link is visible, so they can click on it easily. You don’t want them to have to look for your link in order to click on it. Most marketers don’t put their link in the box and I don’t know why. People will click on a FREE e-book, newsletter, report or kit, if it is right in front of them. Remember Value first, Business second.
1. Make sure everything in your Info Tab is COMPLETELY filled in and filled out. **It is a good idea that every platform that you use, your profile is COMPLETELY filled out, before you start marketing.
Update your status every day. Put in a sentence of what you are doing. People are looking at you as a business expert, so write like one. Do not tell them about the weather or what you bought at the mall or what you’re having for dinner. Your content must be of value or something from your industry/niche. Add content regarding personal development (Personal development is a must). When your mastermind group gives value, share it.
Don’t spend a lot of time on applications such as Email, Notifications, Friend requests. People spend way too much time on these applications. Personally, I answer my emails or delete emails that are irrelevant. I approve all friend requests. If I get spammers, I delete them. I delete all other applications because I don’t have the time for “mafia wars” or “Farmville”. Remember your purpose on Facebook, is Relationship marketing; “Marketing your Business.”Give Value and remember time management.
If your new friends send you an email, then send them back a friendly message and write it on their wall. IT IS SO IMPORTANT TO WRITE ON THEIR WALL AND MAKE IT PERSONAL. i.e.” “Thanks for the add, since we are in the same industry, tell me something about yourself or your business. Let’s make sure we stay in touch.” Then offer them a free e-book or newsletter. “Seeing we are in same industry, I hope I can help you with your business by sharing value.” These are just a few different things you can say. Click on their picture and read their profile, it will give you ideas on what to say, Most importantly, give value and be yourself. Don’t give them “information overload” in one conversation. This is how you start interacting with your target market.
Today’s marketing is Relationship Marketing so be interactive, write on their wall, comment when they comment on you and offer Free Value and establish relationships. See what kind of struggles, questions, concerns, frustrations they may having, and give them solutions, but be subtle; don't ask until they have connected with you.
Take Action, and start making friends on Facebook.